Hey y’all! As most of y’all know, aside from blogging I also work as an Occupational Therapist. Over the past few months, I’ve transitioned over from a full time OT at a skilled nursing facility to a PRN therapist around town here in Austin, TX. For those of you who missed my post about why I quit my full time job, you can read about it here. Currently, I do mostly home health occupational therapy, and also a little work in nursing facilities around town.
Because I am a home health occupational therapist, I need something to carry around when going to homes that is functional. When I saw that they make a backpack that doubles as a chair, I immediately had to jump on this purchase. I recently purchased this backpack chair and love it so far! Now, I’m going to share my top 10 essentials for a home health occupational therapist.
Here are my top 10 essentials for a home health occupational therapist:
- this backpack chair
- gait belt
- blood pressure cuff , pulse oximeter, thermometer
- lysol disinfecting wipes. They also have these packages here that may be a little easier to carry around.
- mini antibacterial hand sanitizer
- 3 pack goniometers
- I just bought this panda planner for 2019 to get more organized and it’s amazing! highly recommend
- theraband, theraputty, dumbbells
- I also keep puzzles, beads, string, and balloons I can use for therapeutic activities.
Hope y’all enjoyed this post. I’m going to share below pictures of my backpack and how all of my supplies fit in!
PS..also sharing my favorite scrubs and shoes to wear while working 🙂