If y’all were following along on my stories from a few weekends ago, you probably saw how much fun we had in Vancouver, Canada. This was our first time to Canada, and we will definitely go back in the near future. We had a blast! I wanted to share with y’all our top favorites:)
Where we stayed: Hyatt in downtown Vancouver- I would highly recommend due to convenience of location and quality of the hotel. We scored a deal on the hotel room – read my blog post here to find out how we always find the best deals!
Our favorite food spots in Vancouver:
- 49th parallel -coffee, breakfast, pastries
- Miku– lunch (sushi) with a gorgeous view. This was good, but I’m spoiled here in Austin with Uchi sushi which is my favorite sushi spot I’ve ever been to!
- Donna da matti – yummy Italian dinner
- Medina cafe– breakfast/lunch
- Fannybay oyster bar and seafood market- dinner with amazing oysters
- Ramen Danbo– this was some of the best Ramen I’ve ever had!
- Perverted ice cream– dessert
Our top favorite things to do in Vancouver:
- Stanley park– We rented bikes from city bikes and rode around the park- it was so beautiful!
- Cannucks hockey game- Trav and I got tickets to the Cannucks game and it was a lot of fun. This was my first hockey game and it definitely exceeded my expectations
- Whistler– We rented a car and took a day trip to Whistler (I would highly recommend)
- Granville Island Public Market– We biked around Stanley park, then put our bikes on a ferry that took us to/from this cute little market. They had a bunch of different food spots, groceries, local items all inside the actual market.
- Grouse grind – this hike was basically natures stairmaster lol. It took us about 1.5 hours, and it was a little less than 2 miles. The best part is you can ride the gondola down for $15 a person and the views are incredible.
- shopping (ahhh–sooo many good stores y’all!)
- Parq – We stopped at this casino after the hockey game and it was clean and beautiful. We played roulette for a while, and it was really relaxed, slow paced. People in Canada are seriously the nicest ever!
Other favorites nearby:
- Brandywine falls- We stopped to see this beautiful waterfall on our way back from Whistler to Vancouver
- Shannon falls- We also stopped to see this waterfall on our way back from Whistler to Vancouver.
- Southside diner– We ate breakfast here in Whistler-yummy!
- Aviva Wellness Massage– While we were in Whistler, we decided to get a massage and this one was really great! It’s not the fancy get in a robe and relax in the steam room, sauna, etc, BUT if your wanting a great massage then highly recommend!